Monday, May 13, 2013

Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding with Banana & Peanut Butter "Ice-Cream"

I made this for dessert last night and as always, the husband was pleased! The Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding is a regular appearance in our house but I try and mix up with something different each time. It tastes great with some fresh berries mixed into the cake mix before cooking! This time round I tried it with a new recipe I found via www.thatssomichelle.com (it is her picture I have used as well - credit where credit is due!) A PERFECT hot dessert for winter that really is quick & easy - Enjoy xx

Mum's Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding:












Ingredients:

1C of Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
2Tbsp Cocoa Powder
3/4C Sugar
1tsp Salt
1tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2C Milk
2Tbsp Butter

SAUCE
1Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/2C Brown Sugar
1C Hot Water

Method:
Melt butter in the microwave and then add all the top ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl - incl the melted butter.
In another small bowl mix together the Cocoa Powder & Brown Sugar.
Sprinkle the Cocoa & Brown Sugar over the batter then slowly poor the hot water over top.
Cook uncovered for 7-8 minutes in the microwave.


Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter "Ice-Cream":














Method:

Chop up the Banana's onto a cookie tray and pop into the freezer. I used 3 Banana's and this made enough for 2 scoops each for my husband & I. Freeze the bananas for at least 2-3 hours. I just did it in the morning before work so they were ready for when I got home.

When frozen, pop the banana's into a blender or use a hand mixer. At first, they will go crumbly but they will start to become ice-cream like texture. YES it is as smooth as the picture looks.

Add in a tablespoon or 2 of peanut butter and mix well.

Put back into the freezer to set for 30mins - and hour.

Serve this with the Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding - my FAVOURITE flavour combo's are anything chocolate, banana and peanut butter so this is a real treat!!


No comments:

Post a Comment